Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Fall Favorites

Morning! I've sorely been lacking on this blog, but what a great time to start back up! Fall is here! It was just a week ago, the first official day of fall. It's a holiday that i'm pretty sure everyone loves. After the initial acceptance that summer is gone, everyone starts chugging pumpkin lattes, wearing chunky sweaters, and zipping up leather boots.



Below is a list of some of my favorite fall things, not necessarily the exact item i have, but the style of them.

#1, Stripes! I was going through my closet and the amount of striped shirts i have is ludicrous. But, there classic and can put a polished look on any outfit.

#2 High waisted jeans and boyfriend cut jeans. In the early days of fall it's still warm enough to wear a crop top with a baggy sweater, or a cropped sweater like # 8. It's the perfect transitional outfit.

#3 CAPES! This is an item I haven't found yet! At a local thrift store i found a fur cape, for $5 but after having put it in my cart, i realized it had some tears in the material. Anyways, a wool cape seems so luxurious, chic, while putting off an effortless feel.

#4 Orchards! My boyfriend suprised me last Sunday, by driving almost 40 minutes out of the city, to an orchard that doubled as a winery! It was magnificent. On the way we got to see some fall colors, and then drank way too many samples of the winery's apple champagnes. It's a must this time of year! Get out of the city and explore!

#5 Colorful root vegetables! Along with the bags of apples i bought at the orchard, any root vegetable or type of squash will be added to my daily dinners. Not only are they pretty, they are so nutritious!

Added to #5, is warming up with a mug of coffee, brewed in my Chemex. Later on in the month, i'm going to add a tutorial for this method of brewing. It's my boyfriend and I's favorite way!

#6  Soft giant blankets! I buy them too often, i always want one on my chaise, near my desk, and one to tuck myself in under my bedspread. I constantly am cold, so covering up in a fleece or tartan throw is a must!

#7 Comfy classic shoes! Minnetonka mocs are a staple, as well as a good brown leather boot with a low heel!

#8 Cropped sweaters with high waisted jeans, or a skirt and tights, is my favorite dress up but casual look for school.

#9 Gilmore Girls is on Netflix! Need i say more?!

Fall Favorites

 
Blue eyes © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat