Saturday, April 12, 2014

Procrastination gets me nowhere.

As a college student, there are always things that I should be doing and the things that i want to be doing. Seeing as how it's my senior year, I wish I would've ridden myself of the habit of procrastination; however, I fear it's only gotten worse. Just the idea of this blog has been pushed back year after year, so has my Etsy shop, internships, and new job opportunities. These things aren't things that I love less, but it's the mere fact of maybe just being an adult with responsibilities like rent, medical, school bills. 

But is that a good enough excuse? Not anymore. 

 My mom and I were on the phone this morning, and I was explaining that my apartment right now is just TOO small to run my Etsy vintage store full time. At least not until August, when our lease (mine and my boyfriend's) is up.

 She says: "Push back the couch and open up that corner in the side of your living room. MAKE space. Buy a clothes rack, and a small table to photograph on, that can be it for now. It might look crazy, but it could work.." I need to stop making excused, stop wasting time doing things I don't care about and work on those that make me happy!
For the next week I want to accomplish and work on the following things: 


 1. List at least 20 more things on Etsy.
 2. Post a themed post here on the blog, highlight the activity you love so much, THRIFTING.
 3. Contact my grandma, since she moved across the country we've really lost touch, and I need to stop telling myself I will and never do. CALL HER, WRITE HER.
 4. Be creative. Cook, make, sew, design, something! 
 5. Appreciate the smaller things. I'm not the happiest at my job, my apartments too small, school is taking forever and all of these things try and try on my emotions. I need to do my best to keep them at bay, and to acknowledge when i'm happy and be HAPPY.


 
Blue eyes © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat